Saturday, September 26, 2009

Corgi Mind Meld

Training. My momma drilled it into me as a wee puppster the importance of training humans to do your bidding, and starting right away. It’s not something you can leave, and hope they’ll pick it up as they go. Humans are not smart. Momma said it takes endless repetition, discreet nibbles, a couple of sharp bites, nose bumps, heel nipping, lap flops and a judicious amount of barking. And not just any kind of barking. You know what I’m talking about. We have all sorts of barks, each for an appropriate occasion. My Auntie Em prided herself on her “shatters glass” bark. Sadly, and likely because I’m a Fluff, I can’t do that one. My serious bark is more along the lines of “brar ROO!”. Anyway, one must keep on the humans at all times, every single cotton pickin day. Their brains just can’t retain this stuff. It’s particularly useful to work on them at night, when it’s fairly quiet. If you catch one watching TV, reading a book, looking at email on the ‘puter, or best of all, asleep in bed, then it’s time to do the Corgi Mind Meld. You sit there and stare at them, really drill into them with what they need to know to serve you. I had the technique down pat by the time I was 3 months old. Here's a video of me working on my big wow bark. Pretty impressive, eh?

video

No comments:

Post a Comment